Thursday, November 15, 2007

I got another fucking ticket tonight.

So I got the letter from the Traffic Violations Bureau on 10/29 about that headlight ticket I got back in September saying that I needed to come in and answer the ticket by 11/19 or my license was going to be suspended, and I was going to be default convicted if I didn't take care of it by 12/19. So I headed on down to the TVB on Rector st. right after work tonight because Thursday is the only day of the week the TVB is open later then 5, and I needed to take care of this before leaving for Key West tomorrow.

Now, I decided to take Broadway down because that's the most direct way. Now, I know there's a police checkpoint on Broadway, and they pull over every bike that drives by. That's why every time I have to get down there, I make a detour around the checkpoint, so I don't have to deal with their bullshit, but tonight I had to get there fast, and I figgered that since everythings all right and tight with the bike, I'd be OK. I was wrong.

I get down to Broadway and Cedar St. around 5:20, and Officer Rosebeak decided that a motorcycle driving down Broadway in mid November presented such a serious threat to the safety of lower Manhattan that it needed to be pulled over.

At this moment I've got a split second to decide what to do. Pull over and toe the line, or twist the throttle. and ride away. Last time I passed this checkpoint and they pulled this shit with me, I just rode away. And I got away just fine. But tonight, for some reason, I stopped. I tell him I need to get to Traffic Court before they close, which is two blocks away. Officer Rosebeak says that's not his problem and he doesn't care.

So Officer Rosebeak looks over the bike, see's I've got the inspection sticker and the plate is in the right place with the registration sticker on it.

Officer Rosebeak: So, why isn't your plate bolted on?

NYC Biker: Because I take it off every time I park the bike.

Officer Rosebeak: Why do you do that?

NYC Biker: Because I've had my plate stolen from me 3 times already.

Officer Rosebeak: What's with those headphones?

NYC Biker: They're earplugs to protect my hearing.

Officer Rosebeak: Are they earplugs or ear phones?

NYC Biker: Both. They block out the noise because motorcycle riding is very noisy. I'm trying to protect my hearing.

Officer Rosebeak: Are they attached to anything?

NYC Biker: Yes.

Officer Rosebeak: What?

NYC Biker: And Ipod.

Officer Rosebeak: Alright, give me you license and registration and insurance.

NYC Biker: Here you go.

Officer Rosebeak goes to his copcar to write me a ticket.

10 minutes pass. I go over to his copcar.

NYC Biker: Is it alright if I park my bike, go to traffic court, and come back in 20 minutes?

Officer Rosebeak: No. Your traffic court isn't my problem.

So I go back to my bike, and stare at my watch. Officer Rosebeak gets out of his copcar and starts walking in my direction, so I walk over there to get my shit back.

Officer Rosebeak: I told you to wait by your bike.

* Please note: Officer Rosebeak did NOT tell me to wait by my bike. Broadway at Cedar St. in lower Manhattan is one of the busiest intersections in the country, with tons of vehicle and pedestrain traffic, and it's a police checkpoint with tons of cops around. Officer Rosebeak was just being a dick and a P-I-G Pig.

I get my shit back, mutha-fucka wrote me up a ticket for driving with earphones. So I ask him:

NYC Biker: Do you ride motorcycles?

Officer Rosebeak: Yes, we ride Harleys.

NYC Biker: So then you know how loud it can get with the wind noise.

Officer Rosebeak: Yeah well, you're not going to ride around while wearing earphones.

NYC Biker: (Thinking to self: Fucking dick)...

I grab my shit back and leave.

I totally could have bounced on this POS, but because I stopped, and did what I was supposed to do, I got stiffed with a ticket from an A-hole cop. What's the message here?

I need to stop stopping for the cops. I fucking hate those guys.

No comments: