Thursday, October 25, 2007

My bike got towed today.

At 1:30 this afternoon, I was coming back to work, and took a swing around the block to have a look at my baby; my pride and joy, my sun, my moon, my guiding star, but she was gone. The lamp post to which I had chained her every working day for the last 4 years was missing not only my motorcycle, but also the super-duper, industrial strength, highest grade steel, mega chain used to secure my wonderfulness, and keep her safe from the clutches of the evil, scum-sucking bike thieves prowling the streets of this city. And the chain had worked, until today.

The messed up part about all this is that I had just been down there on the sidewalk at 10:30, and noticed an NYPD tow truck idling down the block. I even said to Bruce the maintenance guy, that I hoped the truck wasn't there for my bike. But it was. And he was waiting for the emergency services unit to get there with the gigantic, gas powered circular saw to cut my super chain. I had approximately 4 hours to ponder who would have requested my bike be towed.

There was that POS new head of security at the building across the street. He gave me some shit about the bike on the sideway, but it was worked out when I pointed out that the bike across the street had no effect on him or his job.

Maybe the head of security for my building called it in. I got his number from the front desk and left a voicemail.

Maybe it was the manager of the clothing store on the first floor. Can't imagine why he would care though, the bike is parked in such a way that it doesn't impede the sideway, and is nowhere near the entrance to any business or establishment.

Let me think and see if there was anybody I might have offended, inadvertently of course.

I'm going to figure this one out. It's a vendetta, I must have my revenge.

Whoever did this must be made to...

Suck.

My.

Balls.

No comments: